Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Siyx - DK Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
siyx

Siyx - DK Application Empty
PostSubject: Siyx - DK Application   Siyx - DK Application EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:25 am

You name: Michael

Your age: 22

Characters name: Siyxlol (Yes I know the 'lol' addition is stupid and overused, but I've used the name Siyx for as long as I've been gaming and I wasn't about to give it up now).

Server: Frostwolf

Class: Death Knight

What does Juke mean: To fake cast, basically. The point is to make someone waste an interrupt and then be able to free cast while the interrupt is on cooldown.

Do you Juke: Sure, I've been juking Hungering Cold casts a lot recently.

You will be required to prove this to us, Ok with that: Definitely.

How Many years you been playing that Class: Three years in November. I rolled DK as soon as WoTLK dropped and haven't looked back since.

Spec: Frost currently, but I'm more than capable of playing Unholy as well depending on what sort of arena comp I'm running.

Years playing that spec: A little over two years I guess. I started playing Frost in PvP when I got the overpowered Frost Strike Sigil from XT. Good times.

Which class's give you trouble in 1v1: Rogues give me the most trouble for sure.

Do you use keybindings: Is there any other way to play?

How many: Approximately 35 binds as Frost, significantly more as Unholy with the mass of possible pet macros.

How many Abilitys do you Click: Zero.

Wow Armory link: Attempted to post my armory link but I got an error saying that new members aren't allowed to post links for a week so I guess you'll have to look me up Sad. Siyxlol @ Frostwolf

Vent: Absolutely.

Mic: Yes.

Highest arena team: Currently none. I haven't really played much since Cata released due to time constraints mostly. Now that I have more time to dedicate to the game, I'm looking to get right back into things. My highest lifetime arena experience would be 2140-ish during WoTLK.

If bellow 2200 WHY: My current lack of arena ratings can be credited to me simply not playing the game, as well as my lack of suitable arena partners currently.

BattleGround Rating: None yet, I actually haven't done any RBGs. This is the aspect I'm most looking forward to experiencing however, as premade vs. premade BGs were my favorite part of WoW at level 60.

Why does Rated Guild want you over another: I'm a smart, reliable, quick-witted, and dashingly handsome gentleman who is genuinely good at this game. I'm definitely a veteran, having played since the original beta, I've been around the block more than once and you would be hard pressed to find someone with more game sense than me. I know not only my class inside and out, but I have experience with every other class as well, helping me gain a more robust understanding of class matchups, how certain classes should work together, and maybe more importantly the weaknesses of classes. I could go on like this probably forever, but I'm sure you wouldn't read it, you're probably already sick of reading this paragraph so I'll keep this last bit brief: bottom line is I'm going to be rock solid no matter what you decide to do with me, I'm the all around all-star that everyone wants, and I will definitely not disappoint given the opportunity.

What separates you from others that play your class: With the current state of DKs, it can be a little tricky sometimes to determine the difference between someone who is decent, and another random Frost Spam Hero. In my eyes, the difference between a good DK and a poor one are the little subtle plays such as using Unholy Frenzy on a teammate to break a CC, or that players casting heals at like 75% are most likely jukes and that it's better to save interrupts for lower HP interval. I definitely think outside the box and while I admit I don't have all the answers, I'm an extremely fast learner and I love to pick up new things.

What separates you from others that play your spec: I suppose that I don't button mash mindlessly like so many Frost DKs seem to be doing right now. I have 1v1'd a lot of DKs lately that continue to spam Howling Blast and Frost Strike into AMS and never once touch Necrotic Strike even though it's such an amazing tool. You won't ever find me doing any of that.

What can you bring to the table: Solid play, a reliable team mate, a determined, winning attitude, and possibly pie.

Current Guild: Guildless

Time in guild: N/A

Last 2 guilds: Honestly I've spent the majority of my time playing this game in the same guild, <Drow> on Doomhammer. I joined them in vanilla and didn't leave until the end of WoTLK. I left on the best of terms, almost everyone that I had been raiding with decided to retire and not continue on into Cata, and guild leadership changed hands so I decided that I too would take my leave. I transferred to Frostwolf to play casually with some RL friends while not really being able to put any time into WoW.

Do you know anyone in Rated: How: I don't believe I do.

----------------------------------------

PVE

PVE Experience: Absolutely everything pre-Cata, and on every class imaginable. I've been a huge bluebie in the past and have seen the best bosses this game has to offer.

How long you been PVE player: 6+ years

Spec you pve with: IE not spec you like, Witch are you best at: DW Frost probably as a DPS right now, or Blood for Tanking. I like tanking. I would say I am equally adept at all specs/aspects of the class.

Willing to change specs on request: Of course.

Hours you can attend events: Anytime between 3PM and midnight server time everyday usually.

Others things you think we should know: Know that I have pretty much just come back to being a dedicated player very recently, and I know that my gear is currently behind. I'm working valiantly at improving it though. I understand if you would rather hold off on the application until I have a more complete gear set, that's fair, but gear is easy to obtain, coming by quality players isn't quite as simple.

Who do you know in Rated: Currently no one (that I know of).

Tell us a little about who you are: I'm a 22 year old University graduate with a major in History (mostly for shits n' gigs). I'm currently training to become a paramedic with hopes to eventually fly with an aeromedical team or become a firemedic. In my free time I'm an avid gamer, and I have been all my life, I love World of Warcraft and I also enjoy playing SC2. I live with my girlfriend of two years and I like to think that I have my life somewhat together, haha. I'm not great at talking about myself, if you would like to know anything specific, just ask!
Back to top Go down

Siyx - DK Application
Page 1 of 1